• Been discharged from service under other than dishonorable conditions
• Served 90 days or more of active duty with at last one day during a war
• Have disabilities that keep him/her from working a regular, full-time job, or must be 65 years of age or older, or must be currently in receipt of SSD benefits
• Have countable family income below a limit set by law (the limit changes annually)
• Meet objective and subjective resource limitations
Please keep in mind that this benefit is asset and income based. It is recommended that you seek professional advice before applying. Simasko Law can determine if you could qualify for this benefit based on your income, assets and medical expenses.
Visit our Veterans Benefits page for more information on this subject.